Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil today fully. I drained the oil reservoir and the crankcase like it said to, and then changed the oil filter. I put the correct amount of oil in right on the dot. I ran a few times and it was great. Now I let it sit for an hour and a half and it won't start!!!! It keeps making this loud knocking sound. It's still getting back pressure though. It is below 40 degrees though, could that just be the problem? I have the choke out and everything. Please watch the attached video

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I would not be running it until you find out what that knock is
it is not the cold

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's not running so idk. It's never done this before

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably should've checked this earlier, but there's no gas. Did I ever mention how smooth i am?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I filled the oil reservoir. That's the only spot that the manual said you could fill it. I ran it after I changed the oil twice for a good amount of time though. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Pinch the breather hose to prime the oil pump?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you know where the breather hose is? i can't find it in the manual

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Technically you shouldn't have to do this on a Predator...

There is a vent hose on the top of the oil tank, pinch it off about 2 inches from the tank run the engine for about 5-10seconds turn it off then release the hose you should hear the sound of air (rushing) when you remove the pliers from the hose, and its primed..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts