Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, last year I added 2" wheel spacers to the rear of my 05 800 spmn. Moving tires out 2 inches changed the suspension geometry enough to cause the rear of the machine to severely squat under any weight or heavy acceleration. So, I ordered a set of Highlifters springs which are supposed to be 50 lb heavier than stock and it helped somewhat but it seems like my ride height is still awful low (a-arms are straight across with just me sitting on the machine) even with the adjustment cams all the way up. Does anyone make a spring preload spacer like they do for the xp's. I really don't want to use Polaris' spacer as I dont like the split setup. I'm not running Nascar whereI may have to take some wedge out to make er pull harder out of the corners. lol I'd like a permanant fix.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Highlifter springs that only give you an additional 50 lbs are the prob. Seen way too many sets sack out in no time way too light.
Pretty sure epi makes a set rated for 128lbs. They may sound stiff but remember you can back of your adjusters.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called EPI today. The CSR was very informative. Their hd rears for an 05 sportsman are 140lb shocks and stock is 100lb.

·
Registered
30 Posts
|I could have swore the Epi's were heavier than the Highlifter.., guess I was wrong.
Check out the spring rate for a 2 up 800, might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I run the 140's there awsome. like rideing on air over bumps plus you allways get just aboub max ride height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts