Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Vendor
391 Posts
We are in Rogers, MN, for what it's worth! :)

Our engineers are great. We haven't had any pattern of issues in terms of what you mentioned, but anytime there is ANY issue, we investigate it fully and can always make little tweaks and modifications as suggested.

Our plow sales nearly tripled this year from 550 units to around 1500 units, so we are very grateful and think we have a great system overall here.

Thanks for the support guys.

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance

·
Registered
22 Posts
They are sending me out a new push tube which I appreciate, but it's exactly the same as the one I'm having issues with and others have as well. I'm hoping it works out but I am disappointed that they can't reinforce or modify one for me so that I don't have the exact same issue. I guess we will see. The bad thing is that we are probably about done with snow for the year (that's actually not a bad thing) and I probably won't be able to test it until next season and I'm sure it will be out of warranty at that point. As I mentioned before, I love the plow its just the eyelet that's an issue.

·
Vendor
391 Posts
Totally understood. I'll emphasize that we have not seen any ongoing issues with the eyelet or we would stop sending product altogether.

I spoke with our engineer and if it is to happen at all, it is a Sportsman 400/500/800 situation -- but again, very rare. We are going to add a slight change to account for this, but it certainly is not happening with any other Sportsman models, or any other machine in the industry.

Always tough to get a standardized system across all models (Yamaha, Polaris, Kawasaki, etc.) but we do our best. And we will always take care of our riders. Thanks!

Peter
Moto

·
Registered
728 Posts
Totally understood. I'll emphasize that we have not seen any ongoing issues with the eyelet or we would stop sending product altogether.

I spoke with our engineer and if it is to happen at all, it is a Sportsman 400/500/800 situation -- but again, very rare. We are going to add a slight change to account for this, but it certainly is not happening with any other Sportsman models, or any other machine in the industry.

Always tough to get a standardized system across all models (Yamaha, Polaris, Kawasaki, etc.) but we do our best. And we will always take care of our riders. Thanks!

Peter
Moto
Seems to me by turning the eyelet would accommodate all machines , otherwise it makes this plow system prohibited to someone with those Sportsman models who may be wanting to purchase a plow.
All the plows I've seen or used have the eyelet turned facing forwards.
Turning the eyelet should have no affect on the cost of production and would be a wise decision for a otherwise quality plow system.

·
Vendor
391 Posts
Just to clarify. We've sold this style push tube system for 5-6 years now without a single eyelet issue. It only cropped up (and even so, very rarely) with the new 400/500/800 sportsman models -- which was a new application for us this year.

That said, engineering has already made the necessary design tweaks that will eliminate it from happening on these models while still maintaining the universality of the push-tubes across all ATV's out there. So we should be good to go, and if it occurs to anyone else with a newer Sportsman, we'll take care of it. Part of the fun of being in this industry.....always ways to tweak and design. For creative guys, it's a blast.

Thanks again for the feedback on the boards.

Peter
Moto

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Good to see you guys are standing behind the products you sell. It is the reason I filled out a dealer application a few weeks ago with you. Have heard nothing but good and positive feedback on your company and those are the places I like to do business with, as that's how I run my shop.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Had not noticed this thread before, so I went out to the garage to check mine. It is also bent the way AntonioDef's picture shows. Took a look at my install pics from when I had put it on back in 2011 and the eye is indeed straight. This is my third winter plowing with it, I have no idea when it actually bent. And believe me, I have plowed ALOT of snow this winter.
I am going to keep an eye on it in the future, but it appears to me that the metal has bent itself back as far as necessary to cope with the angle of the winch, and will retain its present shape without any damage to the plow. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I bet NatureBoy is right. Once it bends to a point it will be fine, just sucks to have a new several hundred dollar part do that.

I don't want anyone to take the few of us that have had the issue/posted and decide MotoAlliance is not a solid company. It you look, those of us that have contacted them all agree they have great customer service. Given the fact the design is out there and they aren't quite yet in a position to have an upgraded part, they offered me great solutions. I could have taken a partial refund to fix it myself, was offered a new push tube set up at no out of pocket and I'm sure they would have refunded the whole thing if I sent it back. I wanted the plow and do not weld, so the replacement tube worked for me.

For the money (I paid well under $400) you will not find a better plow. I'd say you won't find a better plow unless you pay at least a $100 more than I did. The attachment method with the pins is a little cumbersome, but is the same method as the substantially higher priced Warn set up. I said it earlier in the thread and it is still true, I have no problem buying from Moto again.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Mine bent as well.........wonder how many more out there are bent?

·
Banned
2,338 Posts

I dont have any skin in the game since i went full china warn provantage...but i do have to scratch my head when on one hand, a company is being great at sending out new push tubes to replace a faulty design that bent....with yet another faulty design that will bend again.

I find that logic strange, ill sell you a part that is of poor design and lacking strength, and so long as i keep you in replacement parts its good. At some point a descion will have to be made at the top.that yeah we can give away 3-4 push tubes and still be very profitable off the first sale, or lets redesign to fix the issue and send out the new and improved version so the customer doesnt keep going through this over and over.

Ryan, im glad motoliance is standing behind their stuff by sending out more problem parts...but you just set yourself to what i call roofer problems. Somebody had joe blow install a new roof last month, it leaked and now you go over to fix it...from that point on you now own that roof and anything that happens will be your fault. So given this boards smallish membership running these chinese plows and having issues...think of the grand scale if our polaris forum failure rate is this high...now account for sales that brian says they are doing...thats a scarey amount of fires you could find yourself in the middle of.

If they ever decide to redesign and fix...could be a good deal if word doesnt spread faster at how venerable these plows seem to be.

·
Vendor
391 Posts
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the updates here. Here's what I can tell you:

1. We have had NO ongoing complaints about our plows like this. I bet we sold 1,000 plows last year and if we have an issue, we absolutely would hear about it. I remember coming in one morning about six years ago to 25 messages about some gears stripping in our winches. Sure enough, there was a manufacturing defect on a small batch of gears. Easily rectified, but the point is that we know when something has gone wrong. Guys are not quiet about it. :) So I know we don't have a "faulty design" here because we would have heard about it every day in November, December, and January given the volume of plows out there. But is it possible that some guys bend their push tubes from impact from time-to-time? Yes.

2. So that said, I have notes into engineering to confirm if any revisions have been made to any specific application....particularly the newer models. I vaguely remember a conversation of adjusting some angles with the newer Sportsman models, but I will confirm. But sometimes we can do some slight angle tweaking that even beef up our plows that much more for all of you. It's VERY challenging to create a product that spans 30-40 applications, but our engineering team is very talented. I'll keep you updated.

No matter what, we'll make sure to take care of things. We are working with Wrench on this even though he was not the original plow purchaser. There are few, if any companies, that I know of that will help guys if they were not the original buyer. Hope that helps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think a slightly leaning-back lift hook is hardly anything to overreact over. Afterall, how's your mounting plate? Push arms? Blade? Straight as day one? Is a slightly bent lift hook really some big deal? Has a single one failed?

Let's put it in perspective. I owned multiple Glacier 2 plows and had terrible experiences with the mounting plate (bolted to the belly of the quad) bending, flexing downward rendering the plow useless! Do a search on atvconnection.com sometime if your wanna read dozens of topics. The whole set-up was junk..... Thus the Glacier Pro. I'll let you know after two winters how that goes.

If your paint has flaked a little from your lift hook flexing, just buy a rattle-can and paint it.:)

·
Registered
5,753 Posts

You got the old style lift eye. The new one is U shaped and reinforced. It's no longer an issue, and never really was. It bent a little to the angle that your winch pulls it up at, but ultimately did not break, and in no way left your plow not usable. They have redesigned it as of a year ago (the last time someone posted in this thread), and you are bringing up an issue that has long since been fixed.

to IHI, I'm not at all concerned about the small group here and any issues with anything that Moto Alliance manufactures. We sold over 250 Denali plows this season with the only issue being a trip spring that the end opened up a little on. Customer admitted to tightening them as far as he could, not knowing he didn't need to and really shouldn't. Motoalliance sent him new ones anyway under the 3 year warranty, just as we would have done if it was our product. The large majority of plows we sold this year went to local people in our area here. (within 50 miles) And a lot of them went to the east coast where they had near record snow this year. If there were issues with them, someone would have let us know.

We've only been a dealer for Moto for a little over a year, but in that time have sold enough product to know that it is quality stuff from a quality company. I did my homework on them, have visited their manufacturing facility many times and seen first hand the quality, care, and engineering that goes into their products. Not many companies out there have the dedication that they do, and the presence that they do in the market. I just counted, and there are 18 supporting vendors on this forum. How many make their presence known? 3? 4? That should tell you a lot about the dedication they have to their customers.

·
Vendor
391 Posts
Thanks MTPockets. We have been told over and over again this past year that some of the plow systems out there look like toys compared with the DENALI. That is exactly what we were going for in all our research and development conversations! That doesn't mean we get everything right...but we are not trying to make crappy stuff and just rely on marketing to get sales.

For example, I've been told we can save costs if we take some of the reinforcement ribs off the back of the plow because of the welding costs, and I flat out said "no." We are trying to overengineer quality into these things.

And thanks Ryan! We LOVE working with you and I'd invite anyone to tour what we do at Moto. It's nothing but fun to show people around.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a denali system, and yes my eyelet bent the first time I used it, but it hasn't moved since and certainly hasn't broken. Everyone is right that its the angle that the winch pulls it. Still an outstanding product in my mind compared to the other setups I looked at. So my lift eyelet is bent, after 3months of pushing snow and ice around, my blade isn't bent, my pushtubes are straight and it still plows snow like its supposed to! I would absolutely purchase another denali tomorrow if mine ever stops working! ;)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I received the updated push-bar assembly. One heck of a example of customer service! The new piece is considerably beefier at the winch loop. The flat stock has been replaced by a piece of U-square stock, I really do not see this piece being distorted from the winch angle pulling on it. Last pic shows the part number for those wishing to order the updated push-bar assembly.

My hat is off to Peter........I do thank you Sir.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought a complete Denali plow system in March and I finally got around to opening everything up to install it yesterday. The push tube looks exactly like the one in this picture above. Everything seems very robust and I think it will hold up great. The only problem I have is the mounting plate that goes on the ATV does not fit perfectly. I had to drill out one of the rear holes and the other rear hole is unusable because the battery on the 570 is in the location of that bolt. I wonder if they realize this? The feet on the bottom of the plow are also too low even on highest setting but hopefully adjusting the stop bolts will solve this. Quality, however, is top notch on the build.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts