Polaris ATV Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here is a link to the plow roller option we sell: https://motoalliance.com/Site.Store.go?action=gotoProductDetails&id=1274

There are others on the market. Our roller system was tested by a very large OEM that sells our DENALI plows to their dealers....they have a large R&D center and tested the plows for hours and hours over thousands of reps, and no issues reported.

So I'd suggest getting a 1/4" AMSTEEL-BLUE cable (not the generic Chinese cable that doesn't wear as well), putting that on your winch and bolting the roller system on. Then, when it's time for recovery season, you can just unbolt the roller system and replace with the hawse.

Sending you a PM in return now. I'll shoot you a discount on this. Thanks!
PM returned. Thanks for the help!!

Once I get the new line and roller installed I should be in great shape! I plowed from 8:00 to 5:00 today and pushed some pretty large mounds of snow around for people and the Denali plow setup worked flawlessly. That is the best purchase I've made for this ATV so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same plow on my 4 wheeler. I read before I bought it that everyone was having that problem so I tried fixing it myself by putting a pulley down on the plow hook and running my winch cable through that and back up to my brush guard. That also helps on the weight also. Every time the winch cable changes direction on a pulley it cuts the weight in half but it also takes longer for the plow to raise up. So far I have not had any problems with mine.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Many put unnecessary stress on the cable lifting the plow up too far "bottoming-out" the winch.

Just lift the plow high enough off the ground to get around and your cable will last much longer.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Many put unnecessary stress on the cable lifting the plow up too far "bottoming-out" the winch.

Just lift the plow high enough off the ground to get around and your cable will last much longer.
That's not always the case.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts