Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ORIGINS
Motoalliance was founded around 2002 when a former Polaris employee pitched an idea to Maury Kapsner of M&L Industries (Rogers, MN) to build high quality accessories and go directly to dealers instead of through distributors. They could focus on quality without the high price points demanded by distributors. M&L Industries was a great choice as they had been in American manufacturing for over 35 years and employed a range of welders, fabricators and machine shop people.....doing work for the likes of Graco, Toro, Red Devil and others.

The business worked out well and soon 1000 dealers were part of the Motoalliance team. But Polaris saw the threat and moved their production to China, thus destroying the market with the pricing power of inexpensive labor. Motoalliance was left with about $100,000 of inventory and no dealer interest.

Kristy Kapsner, a high-end Cargill computer programmer, was brought in part-time to liquidate the inventory through newly formed internet channels that could go directly to the riders in the field. But more than liquidation happened.....the business took off again through the power of the internet.

Her brother-in-law, Peter Kapsner, was studying at Edinburgh for his doctorate and came back to the States to help. Through a lot of trial and error, mistakes and good decisions, the business continued to grow. Kristy and Peter spun off the business from M&L industries, but still work closely with their onsite manufacturing. Both are humbled and very grateful for the experience. The powersports' world is filled with great people!

CURRENT

Motoalliance has grown to now include 15 employees with multiple production partners in the USA, France and China. By avoiding distributors and their 40-70% mark-up, the company can work with dealers and riders directly.....focusing on quality, low prices, and customer support. These have been the philosophical foundations that, even when the company makes mistakes, they go back to and make sure they get it right.

The product lines now include the well-regarded VIPER winches, DENALI plows, SIRIUS lights, IMPACT IMPLEMENTS, FIRESTORM heaters and various other accessories. The dealer base has grown again to over 400 dealers, OEM partnerships and, of course, direct to the riders. And there are more products on the way as Motoalliance works directly with riders and dealers on ideas, prototypes, and product innovation.

The goal has always been to do "business the right way" with old-school mentality while becoming the most innovative and trust-worthy accessories business in the USA. Expansion plans include local franchise centers with R&D capabilities where riders can come in and design stuff on site with Motoalliance (and even get paid for it), as well as an expanded HQ in the Minneapolis area that can employ up to 30-40 Americans that love the powersports' world.

But regardless of future growth or not, Motoalliance will remain part of this forum to try to help answer questions, take whatever criticism, offer special promotions not available to the public, etc. The entire business is based off of word-of-mouth with satisfied people. That is the only reason why we've grown, and we are so thankful for all those that have helped along the way.

Kind regards.

The Motoalliance Team
1-866-527-7637
Moto Alliance
https://motoalliance.com/Site.AboutUs.go

·
Registered
171 Posts
So far I'm very happy with my sirius pro series light bar. I have had experience with low end and high end leds. The cheap lights I have were fogged after 1 year. The expensive lights on my truck at work are great, but way out of my price range. Alaska weather and roads will definitely put things to the test. If this lightbar is as durable as it appears I will definitely be buying from you for any future needs.

·
Vendor
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ak550,
We've learned a lot in the lights market the past couple of years. Our engineer, Scott Heupel, has his name on an automotive lighting patent and he did the development of our lights.

And your experience is pretty common with some of the low-end lights out there. Even ones we've tried to bring to market at the most cheap end can experience that fogging.

That's not true of our PRO series. They are not as cheap as the China-direct stuff we see flooding the market, but are peanuts compared to the big names out there. What we are hearing over and over is how the PRO series is performing as well or even better than the high quality RIGID lights, but we are at least 50% less expensive. They also come with Deutsch, waterproof connections and harnesses.

Thanks for checking in on that.

Motoalliance

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Peter, Thanks for the good read on the history of MotoAlliance.... I always enjoy a Minnesota based company success story!!

Best of Luck in all your future endeavors, no doubt in my mind you, your team and partners will produce great things and cover them with your expert service after the sale!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've only used my Denali plow once to move a pile of dirt (no snow in Kentucky yet) and it worked flawlessly. One more shout out for their shipping department, I ordered my plow on a Saturday off of eBay, and it was in my driveway on Tuesday. My wife called and said a few boxes had arrived, I never would've dreamt it would be the plow!! Bring on the snow!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts