Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Sportsman XP 1000 63 1/2 wheelbase
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just order a gallon of Motor Kote and form the videos and reviews that's incredibly Projects Farm is the most popular one and he no doubt has sold a lot of the company.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts
Snake Oil

Reactions: yooper265

·
Registered
970 Posts
I remember that stuff. I bought car to use for a Demo-Derby that had a 389 in it. The guy I got it from had been putting STP Honey in it. I pulled the valve cover off and the entire cover was full of this hard sticky goo.

D
That stuff was very popular, tv commercials all the time...it was an awful product, gummed up everything, it stopped oil burning but once you stopped using it the engines burned more oil then before.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If PF tested it, then the results speak for themselves. He does good honest independent testing.
You are right I aslo trust Projects Farm testing and most of the time he proves what I already know.
I'm 100% confident that Motor Kote does incredibly well at reducing friction and will not wash off.
I have read through 100s of reviews and saw several that had oil pan damage or oil pump failures and made it home and replaced the oil pan or oil pump and engine is still running today.
Watch every YouTube videos on Motor Kote and all was very positive and all had mpg increases.
Projects Farm test of the
Lubricate test with the bearing was almost no wear scary at all.
And there are other independent Youtuber that test oil and there videos have the same results.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does MotorKote contain chlorine?

Motorkote contains chlorinated napthalene, which is basically Chlorox and mothballs. It's a waxy insulator, but is corrosive.
I can't find any proof of that.
Even watch videos of a guy that had most oil additive tested at a lab and didn't find anything wrong with Motor Kote.
What I can find is people who have been using it for 20 years with out standing results.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Stuff is dangerous:

The chlorine content in Motorkote’s oil

Engine oil should only contain trace amounts of chlorine (0-150 parts per million). Yet when Amsoil conducted a test of various oil additives in 2010, two products from Motorkote; Motorkote MK Million Mile Formula and Motorkote Hyper Lubricant /Engine Treatment, contained 207,000 ppm and 272,000 ppm of chlorine respectively. That’s upwards of 20%. Motorkote’s sister brand Dura Lube Engine Treatment Booster came in with a chlorine concentration of 55,000 ppm (5.5%)

While chlorinated paraffins were used as additives in lubricants for extreme pressure applications, they aren’t used anymore. In the high heat of the engine coupled with combustion by-products, chlorine can mix with trace amounts of water to form hydrochloric acid. Acids and metals don’t mix. Acid will literally dissolve your engine. Motorkote hasn’t said anything about the chlorine content in its motor oil additives or the Amsoil report.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Back in the day I used Prolong additive for a brand new 96' Ford Ranger, V6, 4,0 liter I had. It ruined the engine. That stuff was all the rage back then. The pistons & wrist pins were nearly seized they were so tight. The entire inside of the engine including the oil pan were dark, dark brown in color with film that wouldn't come off. It only had around 15K miles. The dealer physically showed me everything in the engine that was disassembled. They also knew I was using this additive.. Thankfully after some conversations between the dealer and I, they replaced the entire engine as long as I assured them I would not use the additive again.

Dino oil and synthetic oil has proven itself billions of times over, any additive has not and there always seems to be a dastardly downside that isn't discovered until its too late..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts