Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys just got a 07 pred she's a little beat up and I want to fix her up. First thing I noticed is that the motor ticks loud from the right side of the motor on the cam chain side. I'm almost positive the chain is prob stretched pretty bad. But what else could it be? This weekend I'm gona pull the valve cover and see if the chain is loose but other then that is there anyways to check the cam chain? Also have another question the quad came with a dg slip on its black with a silver tip. No other motor mods and stock airbox, should I have to rejet for this? The owner told me he had never jetted it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
only way too check the chain is by weighting it and hanging it then measuring it, if its beat up your better off just changing it and checking the valves, the ticking is more then likely the decomp lever turn the idle up and see if it goes away and no jetting required for just a slip on........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I had a z400 with a bad cam chain and sounded the same but I did hear the the preds have a higher idle. I will make a video of it this weekend. Also why does the decomp tick on a low idle?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes if you raise the idle decomp will likely stop unless the spring on the levwr is broken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts