Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to keep an eye on the craigslist ads just to see what people are offering so I can jump on a good deal when I see one. However I could launch into a major diatribe over how so many people can't string a few words into a coherent sentence, but I won't.

My far and away favorite flub has to be the large number of ATVs being sold with a "wench" included. While a wench could certainly be amusing in certain situations, I'm thinking a winch would come in a lot more handy when stuck. Besides, the looks I get from my wife are bad enough when I bring home a new 4-wheeler. If I brought one home with a wench included I'm certian I'd be tossed out of the house.

That said, I need a winchmounting plate for my Sportsman 500HO. I've looked at a few on line, but the all seem to be different design and shape. Can someobody point me towards the right one.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I like to keep an eye on the craigslist ads just to see what people are offering so I can jump on a good deal when I see one. However I could launch into a major diatribe over how so many people can't string a few words into a coherent sentence, but I won't.

My far and away favorite flub has to be the large number of ATVs being sold with a "wench" included. While a wench could certainly be amusing in certain situations, I'm thinking a winch would come in a lot more handy when stuck. Besides, the looks I get from my wife are bad enough when I bring home a new 4-wheeler. If I brought one home with a wench included I'm certian I'd be tossed out of the house.
Amen to that! I too look (moring, noon & night), just to keep a watch for a good deal.... that I really don't need usually! :D

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also like the ads titled like "4-wheeler for sale" with nothing but a phone number. Nothing about the make, model, size, anything. Better yet the ads that have paragraph after paragraph about their mind numbing explanation for selling - baby, divorce, moving, etc., but no usable information on what they're selling. It all gives me pause for the future of this country.

The KFI mount plate is fine with me. I just want to make sure it's the right one. I've looked at others on other web sites and they all look different.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There could be worse ways to spend time when stuck than having a good looking wench along....

Just sayin'

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I'm so late honey, but I got stuck in the mud and that damn wench just kept acting up......

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. I have a Terra 3500 Superwinch to install. I just wan to make sure I get the right mounting plate.

·
Registered
944 Posts
a " mountain plate " for the wench ? Only if she's jumbo size.....big gals need big plates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts