Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, need some advice on where and how they mount their Quick Fist clamps. I got the 8 pack of them for multiple tools, but am kind of at a loss as to where to mount and how to mount. Any advice or input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well they are self explanatory how to install, I mean there's one bolt threw the middle of it. Where to install them is completely up to the owner I would think. I mean you bought eight of them, holy crap your going to have half the garage coming with you for a ride LOL. But all kidding aside how many things you going to carry?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get how to install the clamps, I really meant more along the lines of - do people go through the plastics, or through the LnR system ect... I was thinking about possible getting longer hex bolts and utilizing the existing holes on the racks. I intend to keep an axe, a hatchet, a shovel and a rake (for the fall) on it. But the kit itself came with 8, as obviously not all of them will come with me all of the time. Sometimes the rake clamps will be replaced with a fishing pole or two. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Axe - leave it at home, you have a hatchet
Hatchet - put it in the front box
Rake - what the heck are you gonna do with a rake on the trail? Leave it at home
Shovel - use quick-fists to mount it to your quad.

At the back of your rack, you'll see two Torx-head screws that go to nuts underneath. Use a piece of flat aluminum bar with a hole in each end, mount using the Torx-head bolts. Then mount the quick fist to the other end of the aluminum bar with a bolt and lock-nut.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the quad for utility on my property as well as trail ride. The rake, obviously, will not be coming on the trails with me...that is funny though.

Thanks, the bar idea is perfect.

·
Registered
450 Posts
One of the best solutions I've seen for folks that regularly use their quad for fencing or other property work is a pull-behind trailer. I found one on Amazon that claims 1200lbs capacity, only costs about $380 with free Prime shipping.

If you're going to be swapping back and forth between property work and trail riding a lot, it might be easier to connect and disconnect a small trailer with all your work junk in it. Versus having to take up rack space with multiple quick fists. You could mount the quick fists to the trailer, and have the ability to haul a load of topsoil, feed, fencing supplies, etc... Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts