Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifted up seat today and saw bits of seat foam on airbox. Sure enough I looked in holes on bottom of seat and saw mice. I tried banging it around to knock them out. No go! Hope I didn’t wreck seat, but I turned hose onto Jet setting and started blasting all holes. I got 2 babies and 1 adult, probably was mother. I’m thinking there’s more babies in there. A typical litter is at least 5. Yes they will die soon but don’t want them in there. Dead Mice Stink!!!! Any ideas to rid?

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Once i had a nest in clutch cover. I did check air box and found nothing, then when I took atv out from shed, mouse flew out of clutch vent, reved couple times, and blow the whole nest out. It's not a first time I seen or heard about mouse in atv. Now I keep atv in attached garage, so far no mouse on my atv

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
281 Posts
Those little bastards will get in everything. Get a good cat or mouse traps or both.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Yup, they can be destructive little bastards. I've heard and seen where they brought corn kernels into the airbox through a chewed hole and they get succked into the engine, plug the oil passages and ruin the engine. I transport my machine in an enclosed trailer and store it in there as it's garage.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yup, they can be destructive little bastards. I've heard and seen where they brought corn kernels into the airbox through a chewed hole and they get succked into the engine, plug the oil passages and ruin the engine. I transport my machine in an enclosed trailer and store it in there as it's garage.
Smart move!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
We were on the trail and a friends Rubicon was running rough so we checked the air box and found the nest.Started pulling the nest out and found 3 pinkys ,,,alive.Got them out and mama mouse poped out.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We were on the trail and a friends Rubicon was running rough so we checked the air box and found the nest.Started pulling the nest out and found 3 pinkys ,,,alive.Got them out and mama mouse poped out.
These were alive also.....momentarily!

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Yup I have glue traps at the entrances, flanked on the garage/barn doors of the garage and sheds.

Reactions: MrEd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lifted up seat today and saw bits of seat foam on airbox. Sure enough I looked in holes on bottom of seat and saw mice. I tried banging it around to knock them out. No go! Hope I didn’t wreck seat, but I turned hose onto Jet setting and started blasting all holes. I got 2 babies and 1 adult, probably was mother. I’m thinking there’s more babies in there. A typical litter is at least 5. Yes they will die soon but don’t want them in there. Dead Mice Stink!!!! Any ideas to rid?
You can keep air fresheners in there, they do not like the smell of them , I hang the tree car scents in my shed and have not seen mouse poop in years works awesome and smells good lol.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can keep air fresheners in there, they do not like the smell of them , I hang the tree car scents in my shed and have not seen mouse poop in years works awesome and smells good lol.
In where?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I will have to try that, thanks!!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So my original question was how to get mice out of inside seat. Probably not a good answer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had some in my sump in my crawlspace. When the pump turned on, it turned the clear checkvalve red. Guess they are gone now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So my original question was how to get mice out of inside seat. Probably not a good answer.
After all the above chatter, you deserve at least one answer. Take the seat off, set it down on the floor and put a mouse trap next to it loaded with fresh peanut butter. Wham! Bam! Thank you, Mam!!

Griff

·
Registered
134 Posts
Get yourself some of these Snap-E-Mouse traps (Amazon). They rock!

Place just a pin prick of peanut butter in the cup and set em out. I kill mice all the time with these.

Heard a mouse in my garage one morning...set the trap, turned off all the lights...20 minutes later he was dead : )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts