Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK for the 3RD time the point of this post was for ideas to get some mice(definitely dead by now)out from inside the holes in bottom of seat. I get it they make mouse traps. So thanks for mouse trap ideas, but that’s not the question!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Shop vac.
If that fails, remove seat cover, pull foam, clear mice, reinstall and staple

·
Registered
241 Posts
One of these
things.https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Automotive-Pickup-Tool/1000594933?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--tol--google--lia--218--mechanicstools--1000594933-_-0&placeholder=null&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjfDx1Ib26gIV7wiICR1dyAcQEAQYASABEgLcE_D_BwE

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
281 Posts
Do you have a good strong shop Vac? I would try that if you have one. Other than that, as mentioned before, remove the cover and dig through the foam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK for the 3RD time the point of this post was for ideas to get some mice(definitely dead by now)out from inside the holes in bottom of seat. I get it they make mouse traps. So thanks for mouse trap ideas, but that’s not the question!
Ha! Ha! I missed the dead mice comment, so deep six the mouse trap idea. As Rosanna Rosanna Dana would have said, " Never mind".

If it were me, I'd ride the damn thing and every once and a while pull the seat off and smell the holes. Maybe you're worrying and don't need to be. Give it some time. You'll find out if there is any in there!!

Griff

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah Mikes vacuum idea was good. Might try that, but I’ve already considered what you’ve said too. Only 2 babies came out and usually there’s more. Mice suck!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok I got serious with seat today! It had a really bad smell coming out of it. So not being sure if there were dead baby mice inside, I pulled all the staples except the very front. No mice inside but sh*t from a nest and a really bad smell. Filled with very warm water my biggest plastic tub and dish soap And washed and soaked the foam and seat cover. It gonna take quite a while to dry I’m sure. Once dry it will be re-stapled with a pneumatic staple gun. I will spray with this stuff too. This product totally eliminates urine smell. Going forward the seats will always be in my basement hanging from a bungee cord when stored!!
1DCB7D37-97EA-4732-9FB1-BFF8AAEE3AAF.jpeg

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ok I got serious with seat today! It had a really bad smell coming out of it. So not being sure if there were dead baby mice inside, I pulled all the staples except the very front. No mice inside but sh*t from a nest and a really bad smell. Filled with very warm water my biggest plastic tub and dish soap And washed and soaked the foam and seat cover. It gonna take quite a while to dry I’m sure. Once dry it will be re-stapled with a pneumatic staple gun. I will spray with this stuff too. This product totally eliminates urine smell. Going forward the seats will always be in my basement hanging from a bungee cord when stored!! View attachment 140704
Great! I’m glad there were no more corpses in there!

·
Registered
281 Posts
😂😂 I bet it did, I’ve had those damn mouse nests everywhere, lawn tractor, truck, yard blower......

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
UPDATE! Took a bit to completely dry. Once dry I lightly sprayed with alcohol to kill any mold spores even though no signs of that. Picked up HF pneumatic stapler and carefully shot vinyl back on.
706A7102-FD2D-44FE-A452-31997B2463D4.jpeg
4B4B5315-899B-4C97-883B-B9665DBA4830.jpeg
Seats will always be stored inside from now on!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts