Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little lady and I spent all day Saturday riding Mt. Magazine in the Ozark/St. Francis National Forest in Arkansas. I was told that it was the last day of deer season in the area so I thought it prudent that we donn our hi-vis apparel. At the end of our ride, had about 3 miles left before we got back to the parking area, we hit a creek and it was too deep to cross. We finially figured out that they had made a detour to another part of the creek for crossing. The trail markers were nonexistent during the last stretch and it was starting to get dark. The GPS became an invaluable tool so we could position ourselves on the map and track our location in reference to the parking area. GPS = money well spent.
The trail system had wide trails that would be very well suited to side-by- sides and nothing too technical. A stock machine, which we have, will do very well. I wouldn't be opposed to going back but there are many other places I'd want to go before returning. Over-all we had a good time exploring new trails, riding our machines, and enjoying the great outdoors.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sounds and looks like some good riding. Beats reality TV any day, beats any kind of TV actually, beats a lot of things. :approve:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mt. Magazine is by far my favorite trail system to date.

Although Magazine is a very nice trail system, I preferred the Billy Creek Trails and the Choctaw Nation Trail in Southeast Oklahoma little better. If you ever have opportunity I'd encourage a visit to them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those trails look like roads lol.

Thanks for the post for I plan on heading over that way before it gets to hot and any info on those SE OK trails I would be thankful for as well.

AFA a GPS I know many that are to (you fill in the blank) to use a GPS. Here's hoping your shared experience might sway some of those.

sb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts