Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to do some maintenance and even though I used a pick and sprayed air into the hole there was still mud when I removed the spark plugs. Any tips for getting it out?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
This is exactly why I put iridium's in my machine. Cleaning out and around the plug is a PIA!! So I basically sprayed with the water hose, blew it out with the air hose, picked it with a picking tool, sprayed it with electrical cleaner, vacuumed it, and repeated not necessarily in that order until I was satisfied not one spec of dirt was going to call into the engine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is exactly why I put iridium's in my machine. Cleaning out and around the plug is a PIA!! So I basically sprayed with the water hose, blew it out with the air hose, picked it with a picking tool, sprayed it with electrical cleaner, vacuumed it, and repeated not necessarily in that order until I was satisfied not one spec of dirt was going to call into the engine.
So i should throw the old ones back in and try to get it a bit cleaner before installing the NGK 1961 ILZKR7A Laser Iridium Plugs i have?

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Nah at this point there out so put the new ones in is all I can suggest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts