Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a set of 28’s on my sportsman and on my buddys scrambler. First ride today, he got a sidewall cut. Are the sidewalks on these tires an issue or was it just bad luck today? Trails are rocky in Maine and NH where we ride and never had a sidewall tear on the stock tires.
we run 7psi in them if that matters.

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,319 Posts
I put a set of 28’s on my sportsman and on my buddys scrambler. First ride today, he got a sidewall cut. Are the sidewalks on these tires an issue or was it just bad luck today? Trails are rocky in Maine and NH where we ride and never had a sidewall tear on the stock tires.
we run 7psi in them if that matters.
I’ve never heard of those tires having any sidewall weakness issues, but 7 PSI is an awful lot for rock crawling, or any trail riding in my book. 4-5 PSI is what most of us are using. Rock Crawlers often going lower than that. (With bead lock wheels)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve never heard of those tires having any sidewall weakness issues, but 7 PSI is an awful lot for rock crawling, or any trail riding in my book. 4-5 PSI is what most of us are using. Rock Crawlers often going lower than that. (With bead lock wheels)
This was the first ride with them, I’ll adjust down a little, I’m sure it will ride better. It was definitely tougher than the factory tires at the same pressure.

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,319 Posts
This was the first ride with them, I’ll adjust down a little, I’m sure it will ride better. It was definitely tougher than the factory tires at the same pressure.
Sounds good, if I recall correctly they are 6 ply tires. Usually 4-5 pounds max works well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts