Registered
3,230 Posts
You're kidding right?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're kidding right?
Nope, saw them on quadivator.com, if you spend much time in water they'd be worth trying. Not an issue I deal with here...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Lol...... Funny but I have actually seen something similar to that. They were on the inside of the rim where the brakes would be. It was on a YouTube video where someone was installing a clutch kit on a honda I think.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Those do not look like they would last, but i'm sure someone will try them. Those honda guys need all the help they can get. lol.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Lol...... Funny but I have actually seen something similar to that. They were on the inside of the rim where the brakes would be. It was on a YouTube video where someone was installing a clutch kit on a honda I think.
You are probably referring to axle paddles. Again, normally found on hondas, or similar straight axle atvs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only possible benefit I could see (and it's far fetched) is that maybe the paddle in the center might help keep the quad from getting high centered?!? Granted the paddle thingy is sturdy enough to handle the full weight of the vehicle. Straight axle, small tires = less ground clearance? Still kind of ridiculous though. Definitely not a whole lot of benefit in water. Like using a spoon from the kitchen to paddle a Jon boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Put it up on jack stands and you can use it to mix up your wife's favorite recipes in a mixing bowl.

sent from a locomotive driving ass hole.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The only possible benefit I could see (and it's far fetched) is that maybe the paddle in the center might help keep the quad from getting high centered?!? Granted the paddle thingy is sturdy enough to handle the full weight of the vehicle. Straight axle, small tires = less ground clearance? Still kind of ridiculous though. Definitely not a whole lot of benefit in water. Like using a spoon from the kitchen to paddle a Jon boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are not for water, they are for mud. With straight axle atvs, they get hung up in the ruts a lot easier than with independent. So, while the axle is hung up on the center of the rut, and the tires are unable to to get traction, the axle paddle is able to pull the atv forward.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The axle paddle is a good idea for solid axles. But the paddle on the outside of the wheel is just stupid lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The axle paddle is a good idea for solid axles. But the paddle on the outside of the wheel is just stupid lol.
As stated by; lost cause , they are for two separate uses axel paddle for mud the paddles on the outside intended for water

1 - 13 of 13 Posts