Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone figure out the best way to get that mud residue off your motor? from time to time, I like to see my motor shine.:top:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've heard eagle 1 aluminum cleaner. Soak engine for 1 min then pressure wash off. Steel wool and WD 40 works well too.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
any aluminum cleaner will work. Eagle one mag cleaner seems to be a popular one. I have never used them due to not caring about entering my atv into a show and shine, but I have read many posts about it. Most of these cleaners work well at shining up your engine, but some reviews say that it could rust your bolts if you leave it on for too long. Like I said, never used the stuff, but there are many threads out there on this topic. Here's one with photos. mud stains!!!!! - Can-Am ATV Forum

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Make sure you use a non acidic wheel cleaner or it can etch the aluminum...most wheels are clear coated so protected from the acid....engine is not...as said eagle one or s100 are safe cleaners also do when engine is cold..not warm..also there is a product out called engine detailer...after its cleaned use a leaf blower to blow all water out and dried..spray the engine detailer on it..its sorta a protectant....CD-2 use to make one..it can still be found in some places (old stock) and also Gunk makes one..they may work for easy clean up next time

I use to detail show cars on the side awhile ago...so know the products...

but make sure if you use an aluminum cleaner ...USE a NON acidic.. or you wont be happy....

but remember wheel cleaners were made to break down brake dust...on clear coated wheels..so may not work well on bare metal...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts