Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good suggestions for trails in michigan with alot of good offroading (mud,hills.etc)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Can you be more specific...Mich is rather large...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That's what I was thinking!

·
Registered
518 Posts
With all the dang snow we have gotten this year, they all should be muddy come this spring!!!!:pat:

·
Registered
862 Posts
The mounds, honestly dont know how bad it will be, the guys running tractor tires pretty much destroy it for everyone else with 4' ruts. Lots of mud to play in though.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
LOl...when it thaws out it will a submariners dream...I bet the frost line is real deep there so not alot of draining....maybe by July like said..lol....we are at 30" frost here way over normal which is 18-20 inches....be lots of flooded basements if a fast thaw comes...be a shortage of sump pumps like 9 years ago.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Minus 14 tonight for the low, trails should thaw out by the 4 th of July........
The 4th is when I was thinking that it would be safe to take the plow off.:nixweiss:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
yes this winter is storm after storm and cold fronts that wont leave....this is thaw time not more cold and sub zero weather...last feb we had 50 degree days ...and no snow at all on the ground since early january...lot different this year...Ice Age

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes I am very over this winter too. Too much snow this winter to even ride.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i am going to kill that dam Groundhog and end that tradition fast....give it to the moonshiners for stew...or mickey Dodge...lol....

·
Registered
518 Posts
LOl...when it thaws out it will a submariners dream...I bet the frost line is real deep there so not alot of draining....maybe by July like said..lol....we are at 30" frost here way over normal which is 18-20 inches....be lots of flooded basements if a fast thaw comes...be a shortage of sump pumps like 9 years ago.....
I think our weatherman said that our frost line is normally around 3ft its 5ft some cities are having water pipes to houses freezing, :wtf:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
yes..most towns here have code that water lines are 48-52 inches below surface..some cities with older lines are under 48 and mains are popping ..out further west of me near NY line....houses have no water due to frozen lines and lots are on wells like me...so not help from city or town municipals ..your on your own there....we have frost heaves in the road that look like fault lines..lol....pot holes like bomb craters...and its snowing out now again..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure where you are coming from but we travel 5 hours to the bridge to venture around the UP. Been to Drummond Island a few times and never disappointed for mud, rocks, some hills and great scenery. Planning a trip to the Trout Lake area 3rd week of April - we'll be lucky if we can make it on the trails, roads or the trip due to deep snow. If the UP isn't a option I like the Kalkaska trail system. Don't forget the increase in state tags this year!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts