Polaris ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there ANY advantage, other than louder exhaust, to removing the spark arrestor? Performance wise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Am not sure about any performance issue, but in many states having a spark arrestor is a requirement.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Most mufflers its a simple screen.

Just leave it in why take the chance... (Have you watched the news about bad fires lately?)

CW

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Shouldn't have any noticeable performance issues. I'd leave it in. Most places require it by law. Gnarly tickets if you don't.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
In most cases it's just a piece of stainless screen, removing it gives you 0% gain; it wont be louder and it wont be faster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spark Arest.

Sweet Jesus people.
I said is there any advantage to removing the spark arrestor, performance wise. I know the legal, moral and ethical reasons not to remove it.
Everybody is a lawyer now days. Chill!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Sweet Jesus people.
I said is there any advantage to removing the spark arrestor, performance wise. I know the legal, moral and ethical reasons not to remove it.
Everybody is a lawyer now days. Chill!
Well if you know the legal, moral and ethical reasons to leave it alone, then you should be smart enough to figure out if it will help you performance wise, without coming in here and acting like an azz on one of your first posts. Many people don't realize the legal, moral , and ethical issues involved and these guys were just trying to be helpful, so I'd suggest you check your attitude at the door and listen. you might just learn something, and if you don't, it should come as no surprise to a smart guy like you, why no one will answers any more of your stupid questions, or any questions for that matter. So how about you CHILL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vandal

Lighten up Vandal, a pity you are not smart enough to recognize a little
harmless banter.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Lighten up Vandal, a pity you are not smart enough to recognize a little
harmless banter.
This reply was totally expected from someone like you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Miss Vandal

Don't you realize that there are enough people to dislike in the world already without your working so hard to give us another.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.