Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you play tunes on your atv. im looking in to getting a new audio tube but haven`t decided on which one. does anyone have any opinions on tubes also gonna run it off of ipod,which is the better one to get.

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
I ride my atv to get away from it all. Hearing music out on the trails would irritate the crap out of me.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Same here-no music while riding

but if i stop and take a beer/smoke break-tunes are cool! Or after reaching camping destination-i run mine off a seperate 12v i got off a prius, runs stuff for days before even starting to wear down! :cowboy:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I like to hear my 850 growling! :)

No tunes for me.
I personally would go with a split tube design if you get one, that way your Pod headlight is still functional.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Yeah I tell u what I'm riding in the woods to listen to the voices in my head. And to that point I think it's a distraction from the very dangerous activity u are involved in when riding, at least it would be for me. I have even ridin with guys that use the blue tooth for communication and watched them make some very basic mistakes because there eye wasn't on the prize.

·
Registered
460 Posts
^^^^^^tru-dat^^^^^

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a shark audio system with two 4" speakers and a 100w amp connected to a ipod. This thing blasts some music but running over 30mph the music is pointless. Anything bigger than the 100w amp will put a stain on the stator so I would suggest running a aux battery. Really turns peoples heads blasting

·
Registered
679 Posts
Well, we all have different ideas of "getting away". For me, going for a hike or floating the river is getting away, no motors, no music. My wheeler is for work around the house and a reason to hangout with some friends on a weekend ride.

Can you hear the the tunes with a helmet on? I know, I know you don;t wear a helmet.....me either just sayin'.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nothing like listening to Beethoven 5th in C minor or the William Tell Overture on a warm day while riding off into the sunset.You have got to be kidding me! Ken

·
Registered
94 Posts
Only time I listen to music is when road riding which is kinda boring-reason for music- I use an ipod with earphones in my helmet so no matter the speed I can hear it. Trail riding never listen to music. like to watch the scenery and hear my quad and nature, music is to distracting.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It is hard enough listening for other machines on the trails even without music. Now adding a helmet and music, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Getting blasted on a blind curve or hill because you are listening to music just takes all the fun out of it.

We told one of the riders in our group he was no longer welcome because of his music. He was to busy reminiscing about the old days in his head and not paying attention. We had a few close calls. He recently rejoined the group after a long pouting period without his earbuds!.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
depends on what you are looking for. If you don't feel like making your own, there are some decent ones like this out there. Amazon.com: Boss Audio ATV20 Off-Road/Marine Sound System: Car Electronics

These are ok at lower volume, but if you try to crank it up it will get slightly distorted. You could also make your own, like that one, or split. 6" PVC, couple marine speakers, and a small motorcycle amp. Again, these are ok, but still tend to get distorted when cranked all the way up.

Lastly you could go this route from triangle atv, kaos, or Brian Lane. You can get them with or without the built in snorkels. These are rather pricey, (about $2000), but they are worth it if you are looking for a good quality setup.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
For the price, the one from amazon is a great deal. If you don't already have the PVC, it is just as expensive to make your own. 6" PVC fittings are not cheap. As far as music on the trails, I have never not been able to hear others around me.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well sounds like a lot of you are against music on atv, which each has their own opinion and it may be distracting to some but I ride a lot of logging trails and open areas at low speeds and was kinda thinking it would be realaxing listening to alittle tunes. just because you have one don't mean you have to blast it all the time,or even use it in areas that's not safe.with that being said i do appreciate all of the replies.

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
Yo Bobx2-you know what you are getting for Christmas?
Don't know what I would do with that. Guess that's what Craigslist is for. :veryhappy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts