Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure... my 550 feels way more refined but my 700 still is fun. I took her out for a spin this afternoon. She has lots of life left in her.

·
Registered
109 Posts
looks well taken care of. If you ride higher elevations, the EFI is a nice feature. Have a daughter in Port Angeles, been to WA 3 times so far. Probably some great riding there.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been kept at around 3K foot elevation it's whole life and under a soft cover outside 365 days a year. At least 4-5 months of snow as well.

I couldn't be happier with this 700. My reliability experience with it has been phenomenal. It has been a main reason I have been so committed to Polaris.

·
Registered
60 Posts
X2 on these 04.5's being fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sure... my 550 feels way more refined but my 700 still is fun. I took her out for a spin this afternoon. She has lots of life left in her.

Good looking machine!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

She has really been a workhorse too. Pulling trailers with firewood, moving around a 19' fiberglass boat on trailer as well as a trailer with three snowmobiles. Aside from my add-ons she is all stock including the tires (I do have a few plugs in them that have held for years though).

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Looks great! Darn tootin she has alot of life left!! Take care of her with reg maintaince and respect and she will continue to last!!

I know what you mean about comparing the 550/700. My pop have a '10 550 and we swap for parts of rides regularly. I like my 700 better. The 550, is a bit more comfortable and steers nicer. But the torque of the 700 is quite noticeable.
I have ridden horses since I was a young boy, horses are wide I have no issue with the width of my Sportsman. ;) as for steering... To anyone who complains, I say man up its not difficult to steer. ;) My buddie has a new 850 with power steering. I like the machine, love the power the steering is nice but to me its not the end all many proclaim it. To each his own I guess. I am no small guy and have been active my whole life working construction and now engineering. But hands on, no paper pusher here. ;)

Enjoy that 700 she is a keeper!

CW

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took her out for another run tonight and more smiles.

This is just one enjoyable and reliable quad.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've been looking for an old SP600/700 for a while (for my niece) but the ones I find are either too beat up and/or too expensive. Last month a guy was selling a carbureted 700 for $2,500 and that thing looked it got beat with the ugly 2x4.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Engine is smooth on mine and it fires right up no matter what the conditions are. I was a little leery how the EFI would hold up but it has done well and won't buy anything without it now. I've just changed the fluids every year and everything is stock including all bushings and bearings. The only part that needs a little extra attention is the top of the front strut mounts. They can get squeaky every couple years so I need to make sure I get some extra grease in there and the noise goes right away.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have to fix the T-BAP connector but my workaround is holding. I took her out for a spin today. She really has held together well and is fun to drive. Its funny when I hear people talk about this vintage falling apart. Mine has held together as well as I would expect any Honda.

I'm still shy about pushing my XP or towing anything but have no reservations throwing something up against the 700.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My ex son in law had a 03 carb 700. Man that was a fun machine to ride. Be doing 55 and pin it back and start fishtailing. Sure wish my 400 could do that.....lol

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found an old info card that was hanging off my 700 when it was new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts