Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this quad since it was new. Never had to put money into it until now. Doing a complete over haul of the quad for the next 20 years:veryhappy:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
1991 trailboss rebuild

hey im fixing up one right now,its a mess,had broken oil injector and was premixed,replaced that,old carb was shot .put a 2001 carb on it so oil hose hooks to that,old cylinder port was broken off ,having a problem with spitting gas out the rear of the carb and its coming out the bottom port and the black plastic one on the side,any suggestions?,note no air box on it of filter,don't have one yet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey im fixing up one right now,its a mess,had broken oil injector and was premixed,replaced that,old carb was shot .put a 2001 carb on it so oil hose hooks to that,old cylinder port was broken off ,having a problem with spitting gas out the rear of the carb and its coming out the bottom port and the black plastic one on the side,any suggestions?,note no air box on it of filter,don't have one yet
Is it one of the over flows, if so might be a piece of dirt in the carb or worn out seat and needle

·
Registered
17 Posts
1991 trailboss rebuild

yeah bottom port,top right port ,bottom is a overflow I think,i need to now where all the vents/ports go,there was nothing on the carb,going to play with it tomarrow

·
Registered
17 Posts
1991 trailboss rebuild

hey thanks,can you tell me where all the hoses go,ita hard to tell from the thumbnail pictures.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Nice project! Hope it goes smoothly for you. My brother is slowly redoing his '88 TB. I had a '90. Good quads, and a lot of fun to ride.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry have been on here in a few days, trying to finish a bathroom renovation before the summer grind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking for a chain roller guide part # is 5431003. Any idea where I can pick one up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts