Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 predator that I have ownded for about a month now. every time I have started it up in the garage it has started at the press of a button. now out at my acreage it will not stay running. at first the issue was the carburetor had come out of the boot on the intake manifold but now that its back in it still won't run. When I put my hand over the back side of the carburetor, there is a strong blow back coming back from the engine, it covered my hand in gas. I cannot tell whether it is the intake valves that are stuck open causing gas to come back into the intake and through the carb. or whether my carb needs cleaning. any info or help would be awesome. thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To me it seems like it might be the plastic diafram in the bottom of the carb just creating to much resistance. I do already have another head for it so if I can't fix the carb, I will for sure take a look at the valves. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
No plastic diaphragm in the bottom. There is a rubber one on the top of the slide that lifts the slide be vacuum that ain't work of ripped. Only thing plastic in the bottom is the float.

The only way it can push air out the carb is if the intake valves are not closed on the compression stroke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts