Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a Polaris predator from a friend of my brothers about a week ago. On the first day of having it it ran good and no problems until that night. I was at my friends house and I was showing him how it sounded. Then all of a sudden the quad died on me. I wasnt worried about it so I went on swimming then when I got back to my quad to go home I tried starting it and it cranked over a few times then I let off the start button and tried again but it didnt crank over. So I pushed it home and the battery's positive terminal was melted or broken. That night me and my dad made a rig for the terminal and it worked but it didnt start or hold power so he tried turning the amps up (I think to 50 amps) to jump start it but it just kept on turning over. :headache: We put a new battery in and I put on a new pure polaris exhaust and a new reverse cable and switch. Does anyone know why there would be no spark?!?!?!?? I really want to start riding this machine again. They are so much fun. Any suggestion will help thank you :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any way I can check my stator without actually taking anything apart? Like check a few wires for ohms or something like that??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts