Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and Gals, I have a 97 sportsman and it seems to be allergic to water I had this problem this past weekend riding in Hurley WI went threw a few deeper puddles kinda fast and about 10 min later it was starting to hesitated and miss at 1/2-3/4 to full throttle the more load and throttle the worse it got sound just like the speed limiter in reverse but going forward. When My buddys stopped I checked a few things over I had this happen once before and the foam above the gas tank got sucked into the snorkle after pressure washing. So naturally i checked that first was not the problem even removed foam to be safe, I also checked the airfilter it had gotten slightly damp on the bottom but not soaked nothing I was concerned about. After all this we decided to get going and try riding it but now it was much worse I couldn't even get it up to speed and I was left in the dust): after about 10min of that it cleared up and ran perfect again. so now im stuck and not sure where to look I looked at the spark plug boot and no sign of water getting into the plug cavity ,or corrison at the terminal board ,bad plug wire maybe?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
If you haven't done it, sounds as if you have not, apply dielectric grease to EVERY electrical connection.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Is water coming up thry the drain on the bottom of air box? should have a red plug in the end of the tube, if not a bolt will work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts