Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders...

I am new to this forum and seek help in solving an issue with my 2007 Polaris 800 twin X2 model. It is a new machine with only a little over a hundred miles on it. It has a fully charged battery and I just ran it two days ago and now will not start. IT "clicks" when I turn it over, the console tells me to "wait", "check engine". There is oil, coolant, etc. I have entered into diagnostics and it would seem the only codes I am receiving are "61". It fully goes into trying to start, but just clicks and gives me the "check engine". I live in Maine and trails opened yesterday! Please, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
No joy in MUDville:crbaby:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
54 Posts
electrical prob

you may want to check all connection on batery post all the way to the starter. im not shure but i think you have a voltage regulator that needs to be checked too but not real shure about that on the 800.

it sounds like you may not have a good connection somewhere if you are for shure the bat is good. it could also be a starter prob you may want to check the solinoid. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Clutchman,
Took your advice, threw my tester on the wheeler and it showed 11.3 amps, looks like not enough to turn it over? Put my charger on it, gonna try to fier it up tomorrow afternoon after I check it again. Today the battery icon flashes when I turn the key to start and leave it there. (Didn't do that yesterday) Tested the starter to see if it is getting enough juice to kick it over, seems like the battery is the culprit. I have not checked the voltage regulator, I of course checked the cables to batt, all of that connection. I just wanted to say thanks to all that responded, I absolutely appreciate the word...
Two Epic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts