Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, any help on the following would be greatly appreciated. Here are the specifications on the ATV. Thank you!

2001 Polaris Trailblazer 250 2x4 2Stroke

The bike sat for about 5 years. I replaced the battery, the spark plug, cleaned the carb, jets, float bowl, air filter and gas tank. The bike starts and idles, (adjusted the throttle because it was idling too low and died… its normal now) but after about three minutes of it running and acceleration on the gas, it bogs down and shuts off…. Sounds like its not getting gas or getting to much gas… If I let the bike sit for about five minutes… it will go another three minutes then bog down… I don’t know where to go from here… any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Please note: I am a female but I understand mechanics and have knowledge so please feel free to give it to me straight up or gently.. Whichever you prefer!

·
Registered
163 Posts
possible bad peatcock valve.....carb may need rebuilt. . . . .not really sure but a couple of ideas for you to look into.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When in doubt.......Throttle Out. .......... I love that!!!!

I think its the petcock.... thats really funny that you mention that cause I was having issues with it leaking.

·
Registered
163 Posts
lol, thanks. i hold true to that as well. Saved me a few times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
163 Posts
sorry not that familiar with that application. . . . im sure someone has the right answer on here for you. so heres a thread bump:tee:

·
Registered
19 Posts
The next time it does this, remove the Gas Tank Cap, if you hear a swoosh of air, then your tank vent is clogged or run it with the Tank Cap loose and see if it stays running. Something easy to check and it won't cost you anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
makes sense. althought i did take the fuel tank off and clean the lines and the tank out.... i shall try that and return with SUCCESS! ; ) I hope.

·
Registered
9 Posts
check under the cap on top of the thumb throttle, if the contacts become seperated the bike will shut down, safety switch for stuck throttle, your throttle may be getting stuck open when the bike warms up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts