Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the wife recently bought 2 of the 570s, hers in camo, mine in green.

We have went through the break in period, and have about 11 hours on them now.

The other day we were letting some others ride and when they pulled back up I heard the front tire hissing. Looking closer the front passenger side tire was gashed on the side wall and the rim lightly dinged, no real damage.

I was looking to replace the tire, a Kenda K590 25x8x12nhs, but I'm having a hard time finding one.

I found a set of Ranger Rims and tires, new take offs and got them but the lugs are the wrong size and the studs seem a bit short.

My questions are, are the Carlisle tires that have the same tread pattern ok to swap out? there is as I said no wear on the tires right now, just the 10 hours or so on them.

and What kind of modification would I need to do to make those ranger wheels work? I mocked them up and they didn't rub anywhere, 26x9x12 in the front and 26x11x12 in the rear. I was thinking of getting longer studs and the right lugs or getting longer and larger studs so the old lugs would work, they look like 3/8 lugs. I'm not sure how I'd modify the hub to accept the larger studs, If I could just get new studs, same diameter but longer that would work I'd probably rather do that as long as I could find some Lugs that would hold the aluminum Ranger rims on.

Thanks for any advice and tips. I really like these Sportsman and my wife loves hers but she is wanting these rims to get back on the road.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
You're on the right track. You do need the longer wheel studs. I've read that if you get the OEM Polaris ones made for Polaris aluminum rims you don't have to modify the hub. Then as you were saying, get the lugs to match.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I ordered them this morning, ITP Lug Nuts - 3/8in - Tapered - Chrome ALUG13BX from Amazon, along with Polaris Extended Wheel Studs from Super ATV. Crazy those Kenda are so expensive, I might just try to patch it myself and do it right but I probably will chuck it, not too comfortable about riding a side wall patch down the road at 50+. My 570 has the Carlisle 489s on them so a little less expensive.

Hope they get here by the weekend, looking forward to some nicer weather, especially since today it's snowing, again...

Any suggestions on my 570? Eventually after I wear out their set I'llbe looking at a new set of tires or a full wheel/tire setup, what's good without stressing the other parts on the drivetrain?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Stick with stock size tires for the 570 and you'll be all set. I'm reluctant to tell you a specific brand as there are so many opinions out there.

I prefer radials for trail riding as I think they handle better. I like higher ply because of all of the rocks up here in the northeast.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Stick with stock size tires for the 570 and you'll be all set. I'm reluctant to tell you a specific brand as there are so many opinions out there.

I prefer radials for trail riding as I think they handle better. I like higher ply because of all of the rocks up here in the northeast.

I 2nd the radials! Like bgirard said there are a lot of tires to choose from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts