Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think my first post should be a question then done. I've been riding ATVs since the old three wheeler days and riding horses since I was 2 days old. Boat builder/Wood worker by trade but now mostly horse farm maintenance & equipment maintenance.
My old Honda Foreman 500 (2005) well, it didn't have any problems, I had the money and wanted a new machine to ride and push snow so I waited about three months before a 1000 came into my favorite dealer. 2022 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Ride Command. They called saying they had a 1000 come in so I drove the 2 hours to get it. I had no ideas about all the bells and whistles so I am here (forum) to try to learn. and have plenty of questions.
Central/Southern Maryland area, I don't go near Baltimore or DC. Looking forward to learning!

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,748 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Screenshot
to the forum
Ball Gas Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

From the Official Forum Greeter

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I didn't think my first post should be a question then done. I've been riding ATVs since the old three wheeler days and riding horses since I was 2 days old. Boat builder/Wood worker by trade but now mostly horse farm maintenance & equipment maintenance.
My old Honda Foreman 500 (2005) well, it didn't have any problems, I had the money and wanted a new machine to ride and push snow so I waited about three months before a 1000 came into my favorite dealer. 2022 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Ride Command. They called saying they had a 1000 come in so I drove the 2 hours to get it. I had no ideas about all the bells and whistles so I am here (forum) to try to learn. and have plenty of questions.
Central/Southern Maryland area, I don't go near Baltimore or DC. Looking forward to learning!
There are not many Ride Command 1000xp riders on here. I got one last year. For the most part, it is just an XP1000 with an upgraded GPS and touch screen. I have had mine for a year now and I still have not figured out all the functions. I mostly just ride it like any other ATV and play with the Ride Command when I get the notion.

D

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are not many Ride Command 1000xp riders on here. I got one last year. For the most part, it is just an XP1000 with an upgraded GPS and touch screen. I have had mine for a year now and I still have not figured out all the functions. I mostly just ride it like any other ATV and play with the Ride Command when I get the notion.

D
Same here, lol. I wish I could turn off all the running lights! Looking forward to this forum.

Might be making a rear bumper that is simpler than the Polaris version and have it powder coated.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Going from riding a 500 honda to a Polaris 1000xp is quite a step up. You are going to love the ride and performance. The electronic throttle is the cats meow. The selectable performance settings is nice too. Work mode will be good for taking care of horse corrals and running around the ranch and plowing snow.
I have had 4 850/1000xp bikes now. I will be glad to help if you have any question about fuel pumps or clutch bearings ect.

D

· Registered
1 Posts
last week, I went riding for the first time. used their ATVs to go with my brother and his wife. Wife enjoyed it, and today I purchased a brand-new Sportsman 450 H.O.. After the winch is fitted the next week, pick it up. Next weekend will be our riding weekend!

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,748 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Screenshot
to the forum
Ball Gas Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts