Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic

Added Hand Warmers and Thumb Warmer with dual stage 5 setting controller. Horn button down on the left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posting More

I will be posting more pics as I go. There are a few more things that I intend to install and build for the machine. What a great Machine!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Damn.......looks great!

Did you use a kit for the horn? Relay?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That looks sharp! Did you get the A arm guards powdercoated yourself or did you get them like that factory?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Answers

Thanks Guys!

The horn is connected to the switched power plug under the front cover which uses a fused cicuit.

The A-Arm guards come from Polaris in Natural Aluminum. I had the guards and clamps coated.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Horns typically draw more than the buttons can handle.
I used 20A micro ISO relays in sockets when I wired up the horn, turnsignals, backup lamps, & reverse override. They're 1/2"w x1"l x1"h vs the mini iso 1"cube.
I liked the inside tube metric heat demon handwarmers with the wires inside the bars. The controller mounts in place of the brake top strap. Your controller mount is nice and clean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I love the blue, looks great!! And the blue control arms makes me want to paint mine red!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You to all.

I have never had a horn button fail due to draw from the horn and I have been installing this horn and button combo for years. I have installed over 100horns on machines with no button issues due to draw on the button. I suppose it all depends on the size of horn being used and amperage draw on the button and horn.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Low draw horn and heavier contacts in the switch works.
I used a relay because my switch has tiny contacts... :D
Nice machine. I like the blue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Horns are so useful more machines should have them. Many is the times I wished ours had horns.

Someone makes a wrong turn or maybe has a stick struck under their machine,,,,, beep beep beep and you got their attention.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More Pictures

Here are some more pics of the latest things I have done. Mudguards on the fenders, Front upper Bumper with brackets to keep the lower bumper on, and Rear Guard. Wheels and tires will be next. Should have them in about a month.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
are your rear shocks upside down or is it just me?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
There is no such thing as upside down or right side up on a IFP type gas shock. They can go either way. That is the way Polaris is sending them out this year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice machine!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I forgot to mention I also installed a Dalton clutch kit. The clutching on the stock Scrambler is very soft for my liking. It does not respond to throttle changes quick enough when under load.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts