Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I just got my new STI Outbacks on last night and took it for my first test ride this morning. Only did about 20 miles because its roughly 15 degrees here in Freeland Pa with a strong wind. But my first impression are good and I think they look pretty sweet. What do you guys think? I know they look skinny but the sizes are 27x9x14 front and 27x11x14 rear. They are bias ply and at 6 psi for now. I have a thread in the tire and wheel section I`ll be updating with my experiences. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lol is it ever warm in Freeland? I work up there once in a while and co-worker lives there. Nice tires. Let us know how they work out

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
They look like they measure small. Especially width wise.

Those back tires look like 9-10" in some pictures.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look like they measure small. Especially width wise.

Those back tires look like 9-10" in some pictures.
They measure true in height. But they are narrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the new STI HD4 wheels. I really like them so far. I hope I don't ding them up to bad. lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yea the rear tires are way narrow. Can you keep us posted on how long they last. Another question I have is, (I know that you test alot of tires) Is there another tire that is the same size as the stock tires that will give better traction and last alot longer. The reason I ask is because I have a side loading trailer and if I install any other tires on my 550X2 it will not fit sideways on the trailer. I can barely squeeze it on there now with the stock tires. Any help is much appreciated. (I have 14" stock rims)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea the rear tires are way narrow. Can you keep us posted on how long they last. Another question I have is, (I know that you test alot of tires) Is there another tire that is the same size as the stock tires that will give better traction and last alot longer. The reason I ask is because I have a side loading trailer and if I install any other tires on my 550X2 it will not fit sideways on the trailer. I can barely squeeze it on there now with the stock tires. Any help is much appreciated. (I have 14" stock rims)
All the tires I`ve run on my XP have put it at 50 inches wide. Sorry I`m no help. I actually had the same problem and purchased a different trailer because all the cool tires are 26x9x14 and 26x11x14.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts