Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 800 and in the first year and 300 miles I have had both sides of the rear stabilizer bushings fail, has this happened to anyone else with a newer model? I had a 2009 Sportsman 500 and I did not have this issue, I am wondering if these bushings are defective on the newer models...
Picts attached. photo-7.jpg

photo-7 copy.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has this not been an issue for anyone else?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am on this forum on a daily basis and this is the first I have heard of this:nixweiss:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I've got about the same on mine and...... I think they are okay. I'll have to look later :D

What is your riding style and terrain? If it's technical I could see these wearing out, but otherwise?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I also read hear frequently and have not seen this as a common complaint. At $8 a pop, that would piss me off a little.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I disconnected the bar on my 550..........not many miles on those worn bushings!

·
Registered
460 Posts
First I have heard of this as well.

faawrenchbndr, how does your machine handle with the bar disconnected?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses! It's not a big deal, just annoying I have to fix crap like this on a year old quad...

·
Registered
434 Posts
happened to mine in about a year but i put over 4k on my 500 in the first year. i took it right off when i put my hd springs in

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
I replaced mine. Not as bad as yours though. What helped my situation was going to hd springs and cranking up the pre-load.

·
11,130 Posts
What kind of cleaner etc. have you used? May be something deteriorated the rubber. They will naturally crack over time but I haven't seen any that bad.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
First I have heard of this as well.

faawrenchbndr, how does your machine handle with the bar disconnected?
Damn good.........I like it, but I ride slower, technical trails. Rarely do I get over 25. It can be reconnected in a few minutes if need be.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Took mine off my 550 and unless riding double, they will never go back on. You might want to turn your springs up a notch but it rides like a dream. Takes a few miles to get used to it but after a while you just learn to compensate for the leaning in the corners. I have had no problems even at high speed. Mine have been off for about 1000 miles. Kind of like riding a motorcyle. You use your body a bit and after a few runs it just becomes normal to lean into the corners and curves.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks for the info folks...I may try it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine were mangled and squeezed out in 400 miles. Removed all the garbage and never looked back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts