Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to do about a new seat ? Not the top cover it's fine. The bottom (plastic) part of the seat. It has many cracks. It's crushing the air filter box.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Get a new one before it does damage to something else? Lose some weight? It's plastic it will wear out from use and fatigue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$300 for the pan. Too expensive. It was cracked in several places when I bought it. Any one have a used one for sale ?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Lose some weight fatty.

Rivet a piece of sheet metal to the bottom to hold it together?

·
11,591 Posts
Rookie, you will have a tough time finding a used one even on ebay that isn't close to the cost of new. The 800 seat bottom sits up high on plastic "feet" for lack of a better term. With age and your weight bouncing down they walk off the side of the frame rails and crack the pan. If you search, there is a fix with small angle pieces on the frame rails to stop this and keep you from messing up the air box, throttle body and plastics. You may be able to repair the old seat pan and fix the rails and get by but even if you get a new seat it will be in the same shape quickly unless you add the rail pieces.
Partzilla is about the best for new at around $217.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Wow..... "Fatty / Lose some weight"..... you guys are harsh. I was thinking it, but didn't want to say it.... oops, did I just say that out loud? :D

But seriously.... reienforce it or buy new as mentioned. Your call!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rookie, you will have a tough time finding a used one even on ebay that isn't close to the cost of new. The 800 seat bottom sits up high on plastic "feet" for lack of a better term. With age and your weight bouncing down they walk off the side of the frame rails and crack the pan. If you search, there is a fix with small angle pieces on the frame rails to stop this and keep you from messing up the air box, throttle body and plastics. You may be able to repair the old seat pan and fix the rails and get by but even if you get a new seat it will be in the same shape quickly unless you add the rail pieces.
Partzilla is about the best for new at around $217.
I searched for the seat fix . cant find it . Do you what the thread was ?

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
11,591 Posts
Boy, you guys are pretty cold. Rookie gets on here with a legitimate problem looking for a fix and and most of what he gets is smart remarks and advice that he needs to loose the beer gut....Hell, if we wanted to loose weight we'd be hiking, sweating and eating granola bars instead of riding through the woods on a plush IRS Polaris machine sporting cool sun shades with a cooler full of icy beverages on the back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did the seat Fix. Welded angle to frame. Now iam going to order a new seat from Partszilla. They list 3 different part numbers. Which one is the right one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts