Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the wires are located in front of the steering column the first cluster is three wires red with white lines all tied in together the second cluster will be two purple wires tied into the same connector the third set or separate one black wire
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Vehicle Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Automotive exterior Synthetic rubber
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Automotive fuel system Auto part
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Vehicle Gas Auto part

one red wire and they go into one of the 2 sealed pouch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bushings in the steering column had gone out so there was a lot of play in the steering column I continue to ride it as we we have you gone to an ATV area. While riding it I would lose complete power I could start it up again ride a short distance lose complete power. I had assumed it was a loose wire or pinched wire causing the problem. I stripped everything down to check for loose wires and pinched wires while installing the new bushings. I believe I have found the electrical problem in the switch that has the run and off positions. But now my highbeam lights are not working but for sure they were before I disassembled everything. I’m wondering if these wires do not have something to do with that

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Black wire should be ground. Purple wire is usually the reverse override switch. That red wire with the black bundle behind it is definitely battery power. That's a circuit breaker inside that bundle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup there should be 2 red wires with a stripe going up to the left hand controls headlights get their power from one of those. I believe green and brown are the wires from the switch to the dim side and yellow and brown for the bright side

·
Administrator
19,529 Posts
Black wire is the ignition kill wire, brown wire is ground, purple is for the fuel gauge, red/wht is switched 12v, but not all wires are used on all models and what you might be looking at is splices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts