Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost compression in my 93 trail boss 250. I decided to rebuild the top end. I'm not going to have it bored because the cylinder wall looks great, no scarring or any signs of damage. What size rebuild kit should I go with. I am going to buy the Wiseco piston rebuild kit but don't know if I should buy the standard size kit or an oversize kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You absolutely have to have the cylinder bore measured first to see where you're at size wise (and taper, out of round). That will determine what kit you need. If out of spec, you will want to hone/bore to the next oversize.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Does that have to be measured at a machine shop or can I do it myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A machine shop with a nice cmm would be great. But a dial bore gauge is what I would recommend at a minimum. Some guys use inside mics, but they are cumbersome to use if you don't have a feel for it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you have the time let me suggest this. If you send your cylinder to Ritter Cycle racing and let Rick Ritter do the bore and send you the correct rebuild parts, Wiseco of course, you will not regret it. He is the Polaris 2 stroke expert. He will feather all the ports after the bore and it makes a huge difference on how long the rebuild lasts. He did my 02 Trailblazer 250 and did an awsome job. I would give him a call before I did anything. Rittercycle.com

TBS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts