Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
10,413 Posts
ALL 2002 Sportsman 500s have threaded brake line ends at the calipers and junction block and a banjo fitting at the MC.
What KIND of 2002 Sportsman do you have?
And which brake caliper are you looking for?
They are readily available most anywhere that has atv parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2002 sportsman 700

all of the brake caliper I have found online have banjo fitting none I have seen are for brake lines. thanks

·
10,413 Posts
You still haven't told me WHICH caliper you need?? Left front? Right front? Rear? Both fronts? All three?
Any Polaris dealer or online Polaris parts vendor has them for around $200 each.
There are also plenty of new aftermarket and used OEM's available online that are much less expensive.
Or... you could just get a rebuild kit and fix the one you already have.
Finding a caliper for that machine is no problem. There are tons of them. You just have to know what you're looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank i hadnt realized i didnt write what it was. its the rear caliper on the right side (only 1 rear caliper on machine ) with the 2 brake lines going into it. the foot brake hole in caliper is stripped. all oem parts dealers on line I have found dont list the whole caliper or part I need . Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you

looked every where for that and couldnt find it. I emailed just to verify it was for brake lines. Thank You very much

·
10,413 Posts
looked every where for that and couldnt find it. I emailed just to verify it was for brake lines. Thank You very much
LOL... Well, ALL hydraulic brake systems have "brake lines" to transfer the fluid. They can be made of different materials and have different types of ends/fittings on them but ALL are still lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the calipers I need are inverted nuts with I think are double flares. I emailed the ebay seller but he says my vin does come back as a good #. so I am back looking again Thanks

·
10,413 Posts
LOL...well ok if you say so. If the picture he has posted on his add is what he has for sale then that's the caliper you need. There's really only two kinds of fitting on them... screw in or banjo. Those calipers are screw in. You can clearly see the two red plastic plugs in the holes where you screw the lines in.
Happy hunting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts