Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help ran a good hard trail this weekend and these codes are showing up.

41 Intake Air Temp Sensor: Open or Short
Circuit to +Sensor Voltage
41 Intake Air Temp Sensor: Short Circuit to
Ground
45 Barometric Pressure Sensor: Circuit Low
Input

I also have a strong smell of gas, but its not leaking, also ran terrible gas mileage on the way back.
At halfway used 3.1 gal to go 64 miles, then took 70 miles back and was out from a full tank, and I have a 6 gallon tank, so somethings not right.

Are these related and where do I start looking for any help.

Thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yea man, the gas smell is from it running rich. Both those codes go to the same TBap sensor located in your intake.. most of the time it's a loose connection or a broken wire at the Tbap plug. While it's running you can jiggle the wires and see if there is any change. You want to make sure it's warmed up before the jiggle test. Good luck

12 850EPS Short bus edition

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question is the T-Bap, the T-Map, and the Intake Air temp sensor all the same thing. The Polaris part # I got is 2410422 is listed as T-Map but on here it is called the T-Bap. And with the error code 41 Intake air temp sensor I guess I'm just lost.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem to is it runs great just the smell of gas constantly. Although it did kind of idle rough at one point during my ride.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Its a 2 in one sensor. check the wiring harness before ordering the sensor.might save you a little money

12 850EPS Short bus edition

·
Registered
18 Posts
In start im a new here. Can u help me? I hawe polaris 700 and it shows check engine icon. And codes 41 and 46 i want ask can they do some serious problems if i wont fix it becos in my country i cant buy new details so can any 1 help me?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did find the problem about 6" from sensor wire was broke

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts