Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to remove the front hubs to replace the usual ball joints, tie-rod ends, etc., after pulling off the shock strut the cv joints and boots are all intact but wanted to know if the cv joints should be easy to move where its floppy or have a slight resistance in movement. The sp500 is an '05 and all original joints. Didn't know if the grease gets old and should be replaced or just leave well enough alone until it goes.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
I know they sell kits for the rebuild but that seems like a lot of work. my suggestion would be to leave them alone if they aren't giving u any trouble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 600 Quad. I have a sound/clicking when I speed up and then we you slow down. Also long as im running it doesn't make any noise. most of the noise is when I do a turn. is this the same type of problem you were having.

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
sounds like its an outer cv on the front of ur ride. identify what side it is and replace the axel. like I said before repairing these joints is doable, after u buy the banding tool, buy the rebuild kit, and break down the joint/s. and it isn't that technical. but me im buying a new axel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts