Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 sportsman 500. The starter won't engage. I used to bypass the solenoid with a screwdriver because it wouldn't start with the button but now when I do that it just sparks the solenoid. I figured it was the starter so I replaced it with a new one (the old starter was warn out) and I also took the bendix out and cleaned and lubed it. when I turn the key on all the lights and stuff work so I figured It wasnt the battery but just to be safe I tried a differect battery still nothing.
PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Will it start with the rope?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put a new solenoid and now when I hit the button to startit the solenoid makes a buzzing sound!? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put a new solenoid on and now when hitting the start button the solenoid makes a buzzing sound!? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not familiar with sportsman's but when my battery was going south all my predator would do is buzz when hitting starter button. My lights would all come on just not enough juice to crank motor.

·
11,130 Posts
Use a known good battery (your vehicle perhaps) and jump power directly to the starter. If it cranks, all is good there and you can then work backwards from there. If it don't crank you have starter problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts