Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, and gals. believe me you want to say hi to the gals, i know some that can out ride many of men!! Anyway onto my situation. i just bought a 2004 polaris 600 twin sportsman.. love it. iv owned several 4wheelers in the past but first polaris and first 4x4. i travel alot so ive been looking for parts to add to it. i found a chrome brush guard, a chrome rear double tube bumper, and a front exts rack. the only problem is i found out my body style was only made for 1 year. so i cant find a rear chrome rack anywhere. do you think you guys and gals could help.:yikes:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
this might be what you are looking for

Polaris PN# 1040510-385 REAR RACK EXT LOW SILVER $97.45

right now the part is listed as "Past Due" at the polaris warehouse which means whoever is manufacturing this has not delivered them to the parts warehouse and polaris is unsure when to expect them. AKA, this could be backordered anywhere until tommorrow to about 6 weeks, you dealer will not know.

there is one on ebay with a picture. although i think this is just painted silver and not chrome, at least that what the picture looks like. i dont have the parts manual in front of me, but if you call a dealer they should be able to verify if it is chrome or not, in the mean time ill keep looking
Ebay Link

03 and 04 for the rack ext. is going to be the same. i know this because i looked on the polaris dealers site

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks! i had a dealer tell me about the rack u ment. he said it was just silver and not chrome? and if we are looking at the same 1 on ebay its silver, which i think we are because i look every day

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no mines a g6. ive found a parts directory from a web-site it list the 03 as a 1040510-385 and the 04 as a1040510-418. maybe just different color.
heres the link for the o3
shttp://www.pioneermotorsport.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=236561&category=ATVs&make=Polaris&year=2003&fveh=5618
heres the link for 04
http://www.pioneermotorsport.com/fi...ategory=ATVs&make=Polaris&year=2004&fveh=5643
see what u think i dont know. + this is the best parts guide iv found might be worth saving!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
okay, so here is what is going on that i know.

the rear rack ext. u need is 1040510

-385 is a painted silver color
-418 is a wrinkled black
-067 is a glossy black

havent found the chrome color code yet. ill have to keep looking at get back to you. could try calling a dealer and see if it is in an older parts catalog they have around. it gets tough to find parts for pre 05 machines now, especially online. let me know if you find something and ill keep looking around for you

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! obtw you were right, the app. for g4 and g6 are the same. i verified it though a dealer that had both and he said the measurements and ever thing were exact. thanks again!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i did in texas, from a dealership. he was more than glad to get rid of it. and i got a great deal!! thanks for ur help!! with u finding the color codes help me to find the color code for chrome and thats how i found him. obtw the color code for crome was 156!:fing02:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
great deal. we had a couple of crome ones that we sold on ebay about 6 months ago but i could not remember the color code for chrome. although i knew at one point i had seen it. glad you found one!

your welcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts