Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new, less than 10 hrs. When I turn the key, the display comes on, flashes several times then goes off and repeats. Will not crank but seems to have battery power as I hear humming when key is on. Thanks for any help, I am new to the world of ATV and just bought this, had it out twice.

·
Registered
421 Posts
if you have had it 6monthes or less take it in for warranty. if no warranty have the battery checked.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Yea it would be interesting to see what the dealer comes up with!

·
Registered
3 Posts
look at manual

if you look in the manual, the number of flashes in between intervals is code for what the problem is but I would take it back and have them take care of it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you get her fixed? I'd try and disconnect the positive terminal on the battery and leave it off for a few minutes. Reconnect and try again.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried it all

Unhooked battery.....charged battery......checked manual however when I follow the instructions on turning off key, holding override down, display does not indicate anything listed in book as stated. I guess I'll run it down to the dealer, I was just hoping for an easy fix instead of a month in the shop. I dont know how other dealers are, but here in central FLA. it takes forever no matter what the problem is. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MAy have found problem

Appears to be a short in the fuel injection wiring harness. I was able to start the machine after playing around with it. As soon as I release the harness at the plug in site though it stalls out again. Took it to the dealer and still waiting to confirm thats the problem and the warranty will cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts