Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2006 polaris predator tld (its pure stock) and i have smoked a honda 450trx , suzuki ltr450, yamaha yfz(full exhaust system) and even a raptor 700 ,, idk how u wouldnt be able to smoke the 450's. (btw the riders of those quads are very experienced , and have raced before)

·
Registered
1 Posts
need help with my 05 pred

Ok this is my first day on this site. I bought my 05 predator new and from stock it ran like a champ, never had any problems with it at all. i was busting honda 450's heads in the 1/8 and top end. about 2 years ago i put a full exhaust system, hot cams, 15t front sprocket, cdi box, aluminum air box with twin foam air filters on it, and rejeted carb. but for some reason it seems to have gotten slower and the bottom end is not snappy like i would like.. i just had my valves tighten a couple days ago and i get it back monday. so i wont know how it will do until i get it back. but is there anybody out there that might be able to help me get my quad faster. because there are not many places around here that deal with the predator like that.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well i can start by saying hotcams make you slower, what exhaust system and what cdi do you have? Also 15t sprocket would make for higher top speed

IF I WAS YOU I WOULD:

...UNLES IT IS RATH OR HPD PUT YOUR STOCK HEADPIPE BACK ON
...PUT STOCK CAMS BACK IN OR GO WITH WEBCAMS
...PUT STOCK CDI BACK IN UNLESS ITS A VORTEX OR DYNA

...BBK HPD HAS A FANTASTIC DEAL ON 558
...GET A FCR CARB OR 450R CARB
...IF YOU STILL NEED MORE GO WITH LIGHTENED FLYWHELL
...IF YOU NEED MORE FALICON STROKER CRANK AND LARGER BORE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Predator 500 that I bought about a year ago and it was never fast. I could beat 350's but that was about it. I put a Pro-Circuit exhaust system on it and dropped the front sprocket down to a 13t and neither one made a big difference at all. Upon further inspection I saw the needle in the carb wasn't lifting. I cleaned the carb out throughly and the needle is lifting now. I've raced yfz450's with 505 big bore kits 12.5:1 compression with stage 2 intake and exhaust cams and murdered them. Check to see if your carb needle is lifting or not.
I think I have that problem with my '03 Predator. My Predator stops at 54mph :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the site, glad to have another Pred owner on here. To help answer your question, you are not going to be smoking 450s or 700s, but to maybe keep up a little more, I would look to get a 15T front sprocket which help with both the low and top end. I didn't notice you say anything about re-jetting, but you need to for those other parts to be more potent. Also, if you can get hands an a carb from a 450R or YFZ450, it will help alot. The stock carb is horrible honestly. Maybe a Dynatex CDI box if you have the extra $$, but do not get a cheaper one, even the Big Gun rev box could easily mess up your motor.
Hi I am just starting to build my predator as well and I just wanted to know where can I get a dynatek rev box?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts