Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all. I bought an old Trail Boss that needed a lot of work. Done a bunch and am now tearing engine down. I am to the point of splitting the crankcase. The Clymer manual says to use a puller & shows a picture of it but my engine does not have tapped holes to mount the puller bolts. The crank bearings seem fine but the rod has some side to side wiggle. There is no up & down movement of the rod on the crank. Should I even bother going further or put in a new seal & slap it back together. If I need to go further, any info on how to split the case will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce

Thank you for the welcome Bruce. Guess I'm not gonna get any advise on this forum so I'll try another one. Bye.

·
Registered
90 Posts
that's a tough or impossible question to answer that's why your not getting any input, my advice would be to go thru the whole motor crank bearings and all, although i have replaced the piston and had the cylinder redone on that very same motor with no problems in the past i cant say for sure that that's the right thing in your case, if your ok with the possibility of having to redo your motor again in a short amount of time then by all means just put the seals in but no one will be able to tell you for sure what to do, hope this helps

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Patience.. Sometimes it takes time for people to respond. sometimes days. No one here is getting paid to help you and it's all on our free time. With that said, good luck with your project. I'd help but not going to with a response like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts