Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,874 Posts
Each time I take it off I can see the spring still seated in the helix, and then when I pop the helix out I can see it's still seated in the clutch. Hmm..
Hmm for me too lol.
I'll have to think about that one. It's been a while since I've had one of those older secondary clutches apart. It should take a lot of effort to pry the sheaves open. Even then they'll snap right back together when released.
Are you getting the moveable sheave and helix pushed all the way down and seated completely down in place? Also there is a spline boss on the shaft and helix that must be aligned correctly. Bearings in the movable sheave and splines in the helix and shaft in good shape? Spacer under the snap ring?
Can you pull the clutch open with your hands when assembled?
I'm just throwing things out there.

I think I've got an old one at the shop that I may take apart this evening just to see if I can figure out what your problem is... You've got me curious now lol.
Bird Cartoon Beak Vision care Iris

Let us know if you find something.

·
Super Moderator
15,874 Posts
Sounds like you have everything right. I'm stumped for now. Maybe someone else has an idea of what's going on?
Don't think mounts could affect it that way.
I think you said you installed a new belt... What brand/number? Should be 3211077 or equivalent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts