Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy ran into my rear bumper. Now my 1000 lurches from a dead stop almost jumps forward a few times. I hear some light clunking. And sometimes wheel drag. Its a 18 sportman 1000. Ill attach pics. Would this happen if it is putting pressure on the transfer case? Is this pushed in? Never paid much attention prior to any gap.

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
buddy i think you have frame damage. at the very least i would say your motor/tranny/rear diff alignments are off.you're going to have to pull panels off, clean the machine really well, and inspect it. to you have insurance??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do. I put a claim in. But can buy it back. The bike is perfect minus this obviously. Wasn't sure if someone could look at theres and see if there should be a gap there or not . I can buy it back for 2800

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Well i'm sure someone will take measurements for you. hopefully its not that bad and just need a mount or something simple.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pray thats all it is. Everything is closes here so I can't get it looked at

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
I know this covid sh!t sux!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Someone help the guy out.

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Something looks very bent there! Collect the insurance, go buy a new machine, buy back the broken one and keep or sell the parts. The adjuster certainly saw something that made him total it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did buy it back. I'd just like to see a picture of a normal non crashed one to see of the issue is that its presses against the transfer case. Thats the only area showing any signs of damage. The rest of the atv is perfect. I'd love to keep her. Insurance claim was done only with pics.. no one looked at it And ty bp405.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts