Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, trying to order the front and rear Polaris brush guards for my 2012 touring. On the Pure Polaris website, it shows the front as part # 2876595 and that it fits my 2012 touring. The rear touring part number is # 2878324 but on the Pure Polaris site is says it fits 2010 AND 2013, not 2010 THROUGH 2013. Is this an error or is it possible that there was something different about the 11-12 machines? The dealer I ordered from says it's just a site error, but I would hate to pay shipping both ways if it indeed won't fit a 2012. Has anyone put this guard on a 2012 touring? Is there anything different about the 10's and 13's from the 11-12? Or is indeed just a typo? Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have a 2012 850 HO EPS Touring as well. The front guard is #2876595 and the rear is #2878324.

Looks like you're good to go.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a follow up. FedEx brought the guards yesterday and I put them on today. They did all fit but on the rear I had to make an adjustment. On the lower bracket that attaches the guard to the frame above the exhaust, I had to cut a notch in it. Otherwise, the drain plug on the bottom of the muffler would come in contact with the bracket and cause interference with mounting. No big deal, but something to be aware of.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Huh, you're right. I looked at mine and I have the same issue. Never noticed it before.

Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark, did you notch yours or just let it rub? I was hesitant to cut a brand new piece and assumed I was doing something wrong, but saw no way around it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I never noticed it before since it came new with the guards already installed from the dealer. Not sure what I'll do yet.

Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, maybe it's ok if it's in like that. It just didn't seem to me to be good having that pressure pushing up on the muffler keeping it from being able to vibrate like it's designed to do in it's rubber mounts and springs. If they had just centered the plug, it would have been fine. Notching only took me a minute but you'd prob have to take the bracket off to do so.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's not touching on mine and I've never had a vibration issue so far. I would like to remove the plug once in a while for maintenance purposes. I'll modify the bracket when I get the chance. Thanks for pointing this out.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts