Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am at the point of selling my 2013 polaris trailboss 330 due to the fact of the rear axle and housing becomes lose.The whole rear axle shakes to the point the chain will fall off no matter how tight the chain is adjust.Ive had the rear axle housing replaced three times and bearing redone because they get chewed up or damaged.Is this issue common?this is my first polaris I have owned and I am not very happy with it. :cry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chain ain't usually tight it has 3/16 of free play.i tighten the chain usually when the axle housing becomes lose to try to make it back from the trails

·
Registered
12,347 Posts
3/16 is too little play even when the suspension is collapsed (as per the manual) for correct chain adjustment.

Standard free play with the suspension collapsed so that the transmission shaft, swing arm pivot and rear axle are aligned on the same plane with the chain at it's tightest point (sprockets do not wear concentrically and chains do not wear linear-ally - you have to rotate the sprockets to find the tightest point in the chain)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts