Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know very little about wheels and tires but my trailer takes this combo for a spare.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/carry-on-trailer-15-in-tire-wheel?solr=1&cm_vc=-10005

I thought 165.00 seemed steep, I see a bunch of wheel tire combos on Amazon, wal mart, etc. at or under $100.00. I am not sure how to tell which ones would be compatible. I am just going to carry it as a spare to get me out of an emergency so I would rather save a little cash....Can anyone find me a link to something that would work with the specs provided in the above link? It's a carry on 5.5x10 foot aluminum trailer from TSC.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your link doesn't work.
I've got 17 trailers of various sizes we buy tires for at work.
I've found that for the smaller tires (205/75/15 load range C) I can buy the entire wheel/tire combo for less than $68 from a local trailer builder. Much cheaper than I was ever able to find online. Its only a few dollars more than having a tire mounted on an existing wheel.

Maybe see whats local to you and call around.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, I'll check around locally. Anymore it's hard to find something local that is cheaper then online, the link works for me so not sure what is up......

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Link doesn't go to the tire/wheel you're talking about, it just goes to tractor supply.

Here's my opinion on "rescue gear", if you're in an emergency situation, the last thing you want is another failure. going cheap on your rescue gear, is a bad idea.

as for the finding the right tire/wheel combo. Go to your local tire shop, and have them explain the basics of wheels & tires. Aspect ratio, bolt pattern, Off set, load range, speed range, etc. you can take one of your tires off your trailer in to talk to them. if it's a good shop, they should be more than happy to explain these things to you, otherwise, you can do research online to fine explanations for all of these terms. Once you're competent with those, then start researching the right tire for your situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts