Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flipped my 2019 850 sportsman Highlifter in water it killed. I flushed the oil 3 or 4 times until it wasnt milky, but smoke

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
run it!! its going to take a little time before the oil isn't being burned off.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You need to check everything over, clutch housing, belt, airbox and pull plugs. HL are waterproof when on their wheels up to the snorkels. Upside down in water doesn't count.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Depends on what they look like. You could always just put new ones and keep the one you have for spares. NGK Iridium seem to be the preferred aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Replace the plugs, air filter, and fluids. Take the belt cover off and ensure it's clean and dry, make sure the belt isn't damaged. Check all electrical connections and clean out any water that may be in them, apply dielectric grease to help seal them..check for anywhere else water can get into and open it up, clean and dry it. Be thorough..While it might not make a difference at first, it will over time, and leads to corrosion and other issues. Address it all at once and be done... Dunking a machine underwater can cause a lot of issues....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Left snorkel is your clutch exhaust. Likely had water sitting in the lower section. You'll need to get the water out of it with a shop vac and hose extension. I don’t think there is a drain plug.

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
Ahhh just run it itll burn off!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts