Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Sportsman 700 EFI, The fan will not come. Is there a sensor to activate the fan and if so where?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked and the fan works fine, I can by-pass and the fan will work. But the fan will not kick on like its suppose to, it will overheat. Has to be a sensor or maybe a fuse?

·
Registered
55 Posts
the engine coolant temp sensor is what turns the fan on and off i had a similar proplem with my 2007 500 efi and if i recall correctly to reset the engine coolant temp sensor i unplugged it while the machine was running and then that resets the temp sensor... i did mine with the engine cold... thats what i did but i know the 500s dont have fuse blocks either not sure if yours does?? the engine coolant temp sensor is on the left hand side of the engine near where the coolant hoses and thermostat

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is it showing overheat on display? If so it's not sensor, probably relay. If it isn't, it's usually the temp sensor or the wirw comming out of it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
got the same prob. with mine dealer said it was the brain put a new brain on did not fix it. after 400.00 i wired it direct with a switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts