Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I told u guys I'm new to this polaris world. I have a 2004 700 sportsman and iv bin looking for parts but seem to not find anyone list parts for 2004 700's. My question is if I want to order skid shields or suspension parts such as springs or any other parts i can never find 04 Im guessing I look up for a 2005 or 2006 700 anew they the same bikes? I wanted to pus springs in and I see every one talking about high lifter or the ip something. The bike came with a plow but being a 2004 with only 9.7 miles now I don't want to have the front sag if I use the plow so I swear people,talking about springs and kinds likes the idea but I feel my 2004 is a lost year for,any list of parts. So can anyone let me know if I can look up 06 or just look for 03 year when ordering parts.

Thanks and can't wait to ride it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can I find the build date? And do u guys think a clutch kit will make a difference or a video box if so what brand u guys recommend. I did the jet kit just because it sat since 04 and never moved.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Build date is under the front rack if its a 2004.5 and older, you have to unbolt & remove the rack to see it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a clutch kit or anything else till you get through it and know where you stand on any other work it may need. Lots of stuff can go wrong when a machine sits for 10 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Sportsman 400

Hello, my ATV is overheating. The fan is not coming on. I changed the thermo sensor at the base of the rad but this did not solve the problem. I am thinking that the fan motor may be shot and am going to see if I can get it to come on with a 12 volt battery. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
434 Posts
temp sensor on left side of motor if u unplug it while running that sender is bad if fan doesnt come on fan isbad....motor needs to be running not just key on

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ridinagain I think what made this a time capsule was it has in in a heated and a/ c barrage since it was born/ new I had it outside and a fellow stopped by and asked me when did u get a new bike, I told him its a 04 he didn't believe me. I changed every single fluid in the bike let it run for 10 min dumped the oil and coolant again all new the oil looked super clean on the first dump. I'm afraid to ride it with out skid shields its that clean not a mark. The only thing I was thinking was the belt because of sitting for so long in one spot but I rode it JP the street no shake or slipping
The only reason I asked about a clutch kit was if I was going to change the belt might as well do a. Clutch kit, cdi box. I did a clutch kit FDI box and a coil on my grizzly and it made a huge difference so I was wondering if I would see a difference on this bike.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Gotchya. Sounds like you got it all ready to ride. A clutch kit will definitely wake it up. Just don't want to see you spend money on luxuries before the basics. The belt will warm up and be ffine from sitting. Nothing to worry about there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts